Table of Content for Best Sewing Machine For Beginners
- 1 Editorial Choice
- 2 A Review of The Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
- 3 Things You Should Look for Beginner Sewing Machines
- 4 Conclusion
Today we are going to offer you the necessary guidance you require in the proceeding reviews and discussions. Primarily, we are going to identify and briefly review the seven best sewing machines for beginners as of the year 2018.
We are also going to discuss those factors which you ought to consider while searching for the right sewing machine and going to look into the key features of the ideal sewing machine. These we hope will help you to get started well.
My pick as an editor is the SINGER Start 1304 Sewing Machine. This machine is by far the most basic of all the best sewing machine for beginners. It is simple in construction and as such, pretty easier to master and comprehend. Some of the elegant features the machine possesses are 6 built-in stitches, a free arm, extremely lightweight, and a bobbin that automatically winds and unwinds. What’s more? The machine is generally cheaper than most others of its kind. Because of these, you will find it easier to engage and afford. I therefore strongly recommend it in case you are cash-strapped but in need of high-quality stitches.
A Review of The Best Sewing Machines for Beginners
- Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
- Brother Jx2517 Sewing Machine
- Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 Sewing Machine
- Singer Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- Singer 1304 Sewing Machine
- Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine
If your stitching and computing skills as way above average, you may consider this particular sewing machine. It is technical and possesses the latest features of those kinds. You will, therefore, find it handy in such circumstances.
Unlike most other machines, this one lacks the footrest. Instead, it has a start/stop button which is way more convenient to engage. Moreover, you may also vary the speed to your unique liking and specifications.
Quick-set Top Drop-in Bobbin
Its bobbin is jam-resistant and will not get entangled at all. For this reason, you will find the act of accessing your bobbin much simplified. You will also experience fewer hassles while stitching. We have detail article on brother cs6000i sewing machine reviews in case if you want to check that out.
- Able to perform a range of sewing tasks at a time
- Easy to monitor and engage courtesy of the LCD display
- Has a built-in store for preserving accessories
- Accompanied by a bilingual user manual
- Backed by 25-year limited warranty
- Not recommended to areas that do not support 120V AC
- Moderately weighty (weighs 13 pounds/6 kg)
- Only for experienced users
Do you travel from place to place? Would you still wish to sew your favorite garments notwithstanding your change of location? If you answered yes, then this lightweight machine is yours for the taking.
Pattern Selection Dial
With this machine, you can sew various patterns and embroidery stitches. This is by reason of the existence of the pattern selection dial. It is indeed the best option for embroidery and decorations.
Automatic 4-step Buttonholer
Creating buttonholes is no longer an arduous task; not with this sewing machine. It does so automatically and in four easy steps. Moreover, it generates patterns that are consistent and appealing to the eyes.
- Has 17 built-in stitch options
- Provides 38 stitch functions for you to choose from
- Lights up the work area for you to easily monitor your work
- Sews the cuffs and sleeves easily courtesy of the free arm
- Automatic bobbin winding system for easy usage
- Only for stitching small clothes
- Exudes lower power output
- Cannot carry out certain purposes
Are you a commercial tailor? Your answer lies in the acquisition of this wonder and super-fast sewing machine. It is indeed packed with tons of other features that make it suited for commercial sewing.
Built-in Needle Threader
In all, you will enjoy the benefit of easy threading. This is because the machine is very simple to use. It is also faster and can, as a matter of fact, thread a whole garment from the spool to needle in a matter of seconds.
Excellent Drop-In Bobbin System
You will also find the bobbin system quite easy to engage. This is because it loads from the top and is thus comparatively easier to insert. Its clear cover further enables you to monitor the thread supply easily.
- Accompanied by an extension table
- Possesses 13 built-in and perfectly-sized buttonhole styles
- Have 600 built-in stitches for you to choose from
- Easy to use one-touch stitch selection feature
- Contains the electronic twin needle settings
- Possesses the heavy-duty metal frame
- Quite pricey
- Way too weighty (20 pounds/9 kg)
- Takes up plenty of storage space
In case you deal with large pieces of cloth such as duvets and bed covers, you definitely want a larger and faster sewing machine. By reason of being faster, more comprehensive, and larger in size, this sewing machine clearly fits that bill.
6 Built-in 1-Step Buttonholes
You will enjoy the freedom to choose from six various one-step buttonhole styles. These will enable you to make perfectly-sized buttonholes all the time. You will also be able to make as many buttonholes as possible.
Bobbin Winder Stop
You will also not have to constantly check the bobbin and stop it manually. That is because it is automated in such a way as to enable it to detect if it is full. It thereafter stops on its own to save you a great deal of time and effort.
- Features the programmable needle-up/down component
- Possesses the easy-to-load top drop-in bobbin system
- Has a clear cover to keep off the dust
- Illuminates the workspace effectively
- Operated by just a push of a button
- Low power output
- Generates limited returns to investments
- Requires above-average technical expertise to effectively operate
Start out your sewing career with this simple and easy to use the machine. It lacks most complex features that hinder usage. It also lets you make mistakes and work on them without too many undesirable consequences.
Creating the durable and complicated lock stitches has never been easier. The machine has an easy-to-reach lever that aids you in carrying out this task. The machine can also handle heavy garments with ease.
Stitch Selector Dial
You will also choose your stitches with ease, thanks to the existence of this stitch selector dial. It is clearly labeled to ward off any ambiguities. It is also easy to engage and will not expend too much of your effort.
- Has an easy-to-use free arm
- Lets you choose from 12 built-in stitches
- Customizes your stitch’s length and width
- Has an extra-high presser foot lift
- Possess 5-piece feed dog
- Low stitch width of just 5 mm
- The shorter length of only 4 mm
- Time-consuming to engage
Are you completely new in the field of sewing? Well, this could be the machine you have been looking for all along. It has the bare minimum features that will get you ‘off the ground.’ It is also cheaper, which mean it won’t break your bank.
Dual Spool Pins
The machine comes along with two vertical spool pins. They jointly work hand in hand to make twin needle sewing a quick and easy undertaking. The machine is particularly useful for hemming or decorating the garments.
Preset Stitch Dimensions
Its stitch lengths and widths are preset. This allows you to easily flip through them as you so desire. It also enables you to get started easily as you will not have to make any further adjustments in the course of stitching.
- Great for beginners
- Performs sewing quickly and easily
- Changes stitches in one easy step
- Sets up in no time
- Has an all-purpose foot
- Contains way too few features
- Not for complex stitching tasks
- Not so durable
Just in case you intend to venture into full-time sewing, you, by all means, require a comprehensive machine. This is to say that the machine has to possess just about every other feature that a sewer would need. This indeed is that kind of machine.
Super-easy Bobbin Winding
Winding the bobbin is super easy. You just have to push the bobbin control to your right-hand side. The bobbin takes over and completes the winding for you. You will less likely entangle the threads on the bobbin as well.
Creating button holes is also greatly simplified. The machine does so in only one-step courtesy of the built-in buttonholer. You will hence be able to handle as much task as possible single-handedly.
- Accompanied by instructional DVD
- Has an easy threading system
- Contains automatic needle threader
- Delivers even stitch quality
- Allows you to select your stitches easily
- Generates fewer returns than similar products
- Too small for large tasks
- Relatively inconvenient to handle
Things You Should Look for Beginner Sewing Machines
How much electrical energy does the machine consume? Check this out to spare you from hefty utility bills. You should also see to it that the machine can handle the thickness of the garments you intend to stitch.
Is the machine able to handle and produce the various stitch patterns you have in mind? Confirm with the manufacturer’s manual to see whether this indeed is the case.
How often and for how long as a whole do you intend to use the machine? Choose a durable and strong machine if you plan to use it regularly. This way, you will experience fewer breakdowns or faults.
Ease of Use
What is your level of expertise? Is the machine you have in mind simple and relevant to your level? Can you effectively engage the various features? You do not want to purchase a machine that is way too complex for you.
If your level of expertise is way above average, you may want to look for those machines that have intelligent features. These include programmed commands, built-in stitch options, LED display units, among others.
Did you enjoy our review above? Have you been informed and enlightened by the kind of information we have furnished above? Could there be some gaps or issues you feel we ought to pay attention to?
In all, we are pretty confident that our list of the best sewing machine for beginners above is very satisfactory. We are also certain that it is very handy indeed in solving the main problems that naturally arise while sewing. In light of these, you should make a point of purchasing at least one of them.
In case you are not sure of the right one, we highly recommend the Singer 1304 Sewing Machine. This is because; the machine is intended and sited for beginners. It has the bare minimum features to help you get started. You will, therefore, find it easier to engage.
We finally invite you to share your comments below. If you liked it, we also urge you to share the article with your pals on the various social media platforms.