Since being founded in 1851, the singer has been producing quality sewing machines that fit your requirements. It has advanced technology in the sewing industry by bringing in portable sewing machines, zigzag machines, and computer-controlled machine.Two of its known heavy duty machines are Singer 4411 vs 4423 models.
We are going to compare and contrast this two helping you make choose the one that clearly satisfies your need.
Comparison between singer 4411 and 4423
Though they are different models, they have a number of similar features which include
- They both have 4 presser feet, that is, Buttonhole foot, All-purpose foot, Button Sewing Foot, Zipper foot
- Both have metallic interior frame hence skip-free stitching which increases sewing consistency
- Both have a two-presser presser Foot Lifter
- They both have a top speed of 1,100 stitches per minute
There are however many features that separate the two or make them fit to perform their roles.
Also read: The Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine Reviews
Features of singer 4411 that make it better
- It has a clear drop-in bobbin system which allows you to monitor the thread and know when its running out.
- The Snap-On presser feet ensures that you can swap between them quickly.
- The steel bed plate is stainless which allows for a smooth feed of fabric and also the adjustable presser foot pressure control means you can glide from light to heavier fabrics with ease.
- Additional features like the free arm and three options for needle positions are great for allowing you greater access and control over fiddly projects like sleeves and zips
- It has an adjustable stitch width of up to 6mm and length of up to 4mm
Here we have an article on 5 Best Heavy Duty Sewing Machine | Review & Buyer’s Guide if you need to know.
Features of singer 4423 that makes it better
- This machine has 23 built-in stitches containing four stitches (indicated in blue on the dial) that are designed to work well with knit fabrics.
- This machine also adds three rows of stitches (two stitches forward and the other backward) therefore reinforcing the seam. It also has 12 decorative stitches which help you add design in your sewing.
- Sew clothes, crafts, embroidery, or home decorations.
- The 4423 model has a special buttonhole foot that has a slider center which makes the machine automatically know the length and width of the button. The buttonhole will be perfectly made on pressing the pedal.
Comparison Table of Singer 4411 vs 4423
Frequently Asked Question
Q. Is SINGER 4411 sewing machine good for beginners?
Yes, this is an outstanding machine for a beginner.
Q. Can SINGER | Heavy Duty 4423 sewing machine sew thru heavy duty canvas or leather?
It does. you can sew patches on leather jackets, chaps, vests, without a problem.
Q. Does SINGER 4423 machine have foot pedal?
Yes, it did have a foot pedal that plugged into the machine.
Opinion and Review
True to their names, these two machines are Singer heavy duty in that they can be multiple layers of fabric easily. The 4411 has proven to be reliable in simple tasks such as hemming jeans or sewing upholstery. This model also performs well in straight stitching. While the 4423 model can perform very well in decorative and knitting works.
With a top speed of 1100, they beat a lot of machines in the market in terms of pace.
They are light and portable a very outstanding feature considering they are both heavy duty machines and have features that make them very easy to use like the bobbin drop-in system that simplifies rethreading.
However, while the 4411 model can prove to be difficult for a beginner to use the 4423 model is designed in a way that makes professionals and beginners easily.
Also Read: Best Sewing Machine For Kids if you need to know.
In conclusion, with only 11 in-built stitches, the singer 4411 proves to be just a simple machine for simple works as compared to the singer 4423.
The 4423 automatic needle threader makes sewing much easier because it eliminates cutting the end of the thread to a blunt point and lining it up into the needle.
The 4423 model has a stretch stitches which are helpful in knitting fabric and decorative purposes.
Also, the automatic buttonhole makes sewing of buttonhole effortless. The 4423 allows you do more work easily and enjoyable!
The model 4411 is recommended for simpler home works on light and heavy fabric like denim and a professional will enjoy it more. The 4423 is recommended for industrial purposes where decoration and knitting works are important.
The 4423, therefore, proves to be the best of the two.
It has additional features like the automatic threader and buttonhole that make it superior to the two.